FREE wireless access is available at the Main Library, Ocean & Lincoln, and at the Park Branch, Mission
Guidelines for Using Public Library Internet Workstations
- Internet workstations are available for one hour per person per day with your
- Guest passes are available if you do not have a library card.
- Computer stations in the Youth Services Department are reserved for children
- Computers shut down fifteen minutes before closing.
- Word processing and spreadsheet software is available. You may use your read-only CD’s in the
computers. We do not have writeable disc drives. You can read and write to your USB
- A portable scanner is available for in-library use.
- Black & white and color printing is available for a fee.
- Library staff will attempt to answer basic computer questions, but cannot provide
Public Computer Access Policy
The Harrison Memorial Library, in its role as a public provider of information and
lifelong learning, makes available a variety of electronic resources, including Internet
access. The Internet is a global electronic network that provides a gateway to information
of great diversity. Not all Internet sources provide accurate or current information and
some may be objectionable to some users. The library does not monitor and has no control
over the information accessed over the Internet and is not responsible for its content.
Users are responsible for the choice of sites that they visit.
The Harrison Memorial Library supports the democratic principle of the citizen's right
to free access to information. The library endorses the
Library Bill of Rights, including
the "Access to Electronic Information", as adopted by the
As with all library materials, parents or legal guardians are responsible
for their child's use of the Internet.
All users of the library's electronic resources must comply with United States
Copyright Law and all other applicable laws. The user may not use the library's electronic
resources for any illegal activity or place any material on the Internet related to any
- Users of the Library's electronic resources are expected to follow all guidelines
- Users are not permitted to install, delete or modify library hardware or
- The library does not provide access to file transfer protocol (ftp).
- The user may not use the internet for any illegal activity or place any material
on the internet related to an illegal activity.
- Misuse of the library's electronic resources or failure to follow the library's
internet policy and guidelines will result in the loss of computer and library use