Library Locations and Hours
PO Box 800
Carmel, CA 93921
Library Materials and Resources for the Visually Impaired
Large print books, recorded books in a variety of formats, and
downloadable audio books and e-books.
An Optelec magnifying machine for use in the library that can greatly enlarge
A laptop with Windows Magnifier on it, that can be used in the library.
- If you can't make it to the library, we can bring library materials to you.
Federal and State Resources for Seniors
Senior Living Map
Search for a California Licensed Facility
- Adult residential, adult day care, residential care for the elderly from the
California Department of Social Services.
- a free and comprehensive site for those looking for all types of care options: Alzheimer’s care, assisted living, independent living, nursing homes, home care and hospitals
- Links to websites for retirement planning.
Senior Women Web
- Articles by senior women on many subjects including books, art, politics, and
- Adventure travel programs for people 50 and over.
- Formerly Elderhostel - adventures in lifelong learning.