Library Locations and Hours
PO Box 800
Carmel, CA 93921
Health & Medicine
Featured Resources (access from home with your library card)
- Summarizes of medical research by topic.
- Information on common conditions and concerns from the American Academy of
- Health news, medical dictionary, information on diseases, traditional and
alternative medicines, drug index and interactions, symptoms guide, and more,
sponsored by Aetna Insurance.
- Information from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes
- The Medpedia Project is a long-term, worldwide project to evolve a new model
for sharing and advancing knowledge about health, medicine and the body among
medical professionals and the general public.
National Organization for Rare Disorders
- A list of links to organizations and support groups for people dealing with
Spanish Language Health Resources
- From the Maternal and Child Health Library at Georgetown University.
- All things health related.
Drugs and Supplements
- From Medline Plus.
Prescription information and more from PDR.
RxList - The Internet Drug Index
- Prescription drug information from the Standard Pharmaceutical Circulars for
physicians. Includes adverse drug reaction information.Search by drug name,
keyword or imprint code.
Kids / Teens
- Thorough answers to pediatric questions (from newborn through teen).
- Separate sections for parents, teens, and kids. From the Nemours Foundation.
Hospitals and Health Facilities
Medi-Cal, Medicare, Medicaid
- Medical (and other) information for dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, reptiles, and