First Saturday e-book Help
Did you know the library offers free e-books and audiobooks for your
favorite reading or listening device? The library offers downloadable books for free from the Northern California Digital Library, but you may not know how to use them, or may have tried and had some trouble. If you need help downloading e-books or e-audiobooks to your Kindle, Nook, iPad, iPod, smartphone,
or other device, come on in.
Be prepared with these items:
your library card number and PIN
your Amazon account login and password, if using a Kindle or Kindle app
First Saturday of each month. Drop-in anytime between 1-3 pm.
Reference Room, Main Library
Ocean and Lincoln in downtown Carmel
The Overdrive Download Center features titles in the Adobe eBook and ePub formats. You can check out, download, and read these
eBooks on your PC, Kindle, iPad or other e-book reader. Log in using your Library Card number.
Self Guided Tour
New to downloadable media? To help you get started, please
take a guided tour. In just a few minutes, you can learn how to browse, check out, and
download the titles available at this site.
If you have any questions about downloadables after you view the tutorial, ask a library
Other E-book Sources:
- Very cute e-Books for kids, provided by the California State Library.
NOLO BOOKS ONLINE
- The full text of all the Nolo Press self-help legal books.
GALE VIRTUAL REFERENCE LIBRARY
- Encyclopedias and specialized reference sources.
- Free books that are in the public domain.
- These will work on just about any device: Nooks, Sony Readers, Android phones,
iPhones, iPads, iPod touch, and web browsers, but not Kindles. Some are free, some
have a charge.
- Ebook search engine to find free ebooks and compare ebook prices for the
Kindle, iPhone, Nook, Sony Reader and more!
- OPEN LIBRARY E-BOOKS
- Thousands of books that can be read in a variety of ways- on-line, as ePubs for
your reading device, as PDFs. Some are downloadable to Kindles. Many are
accessible to the sight-impaired through DAISY.